What’s your favorite thing about having dentures? Is it taking your smile out every night and placing your artificial teeth in a cup? Or, do you enjoy the messy pastes and dental adhesives? Do you really like having your partial move around when you talk and chew? Although dentures, partials, and bridges get the job done, when it comes to replacement teeth, you have better options from your dentist in Marietta. With dental implants from Elite Dentistry, you can not only make your smile look great, you can improve your overall oral health, too. Find out all about this superior treatment option here.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the gold standard for replacement teeth. To start the process for them, Dr. Ruth Clemans and Dr. Caitlin Mercke will talk with you about the results you want, how many implants you need, and they’ll develop an individualized treatment plan especially for you.
Implants consist of three parts that form your replacement tooth:
- Implant – A biocompatible titanium post will be surgically placed in your jaw and this will become the secure foundation you need. You’ll need time to heal and allow the post to fuse with the bone before the next two pieces can be attached.
- Abutment – This is the connecting piece between the implant and the tooth-shaped “cap.” The abutment will then be affixed to the implant.
- Crown – The part of the replacement that looks like the tooth itself is the dental crown. The long-lasting, naturally-looking porcelain crown will be secured to the abutment, restoring your smile to its former glory.
Why Are Dental Implants The Best Way To Replace Teeth?
Dental implants in Marietta are the superior method of replacing teeth for many reasons, including:
- Increased Jawbone Strength – Dental implants actually augment the density of the jawbone, rather than causing it to wear away like dentures and bridges do.
- Improved Nutrition – Since your implant will stay in place, you’ll be able to chew a variety of foods and maintain a well-balanced diet. Apples, carrots, and corn on the cob can be a part of your menu again.
- Protect Natural Teeth – Because dental implants don’t move around, they do a great job of protecting your remaining teeth. They keep your dentitions properly aligned, preventing complications like shifting, cracks, and breaks.
- Better Speech – You’ll never have to worry about being understood when you talk with dental implants. They don’t move around in your mouth like dentures, so you’ll be able to speak clearly.
- Your Smile Will Stay In Place – Who wants to put their teeth in a cup at night? You won’t have to worry about the embarrassment of dentures in your daily life, even when you kiss your sweetheart. And, you can say goodbye to messy dental adhesives.
- Longevity – Dental implants last longer than traditional dentures and dental bridges.
- Appearance – Implants will blend right in with your existing dentitions – the only person who’ll notice you have a false tooth is you.
- Cost – Although other options for artificial teeth may be less expensive initially, dental implants actually save you money in the long run, since you’ll rarely need to replace them.
Now that you know what dental implants can do for you and that they’re better than other prosthetic options for so many reasons, schedule your appointment with Elite Dentistry and make your smile healthy and radiant again!