Oral Surgery Post-Op Instructions
- Bite on the gauze for one hour. Change gauze as needed.
- No smoking for 48 hours.
- No alcohol for 24 hours or the length of the time you are taking medication that Our team prescribed for you, if applicable.
- No carbonated beverages.
- No spitting, rinsing, or drinking through a straw for the first 24 hours.
- After 24 hours start rinsing GENTLY with warm salt-water rinses five times a day for seven days. (One teaspoon of table salt in eight ounces of water) Especially after meals.
- Maintain a soft diet until you feel comfortable to eat harder foods. (Jell-O, yogurt, ice cream, scrambled eggs, soup, and mashed potatoes are some good examples.)
- Take no medication that contains aspirin or aspirin product. Tylenol is okay.
- Prop head up when in the lying position.
- Keep activity to a minimum.
- A little oozing of blood is normal, if bleeding is excessive, place a damp tea bag on the site and bite on it until the bleeding subsides.
If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to call.
During office hours: (770) 587 5655
After office hours: (404) 786 3202
We Leave Lasting Impressions. Call Elite Dentistry today to schedule your appointment or consultation with Our team. Our Marietta dental office serves Atlanta, Roswell, Woodstock, Kennesaw, Sandy Springs, and surrounding areas with personalized dentistry for distinctive elite smiles.