Single Tooth Implants – Marietta, GA
Replacing Individual Teeth Roots & All
When it comes to replacing individual missing teeth, your Marietta dentist and dental care team at Elite Dentistry have one main recommendation – single tooth implants. This restoration option allows us to seamlessly restore your whole tooth – roots and crowns – with a fully self-supporting tooth replacement prosthetic. Compared with other tooth replacement options, implant-retained dental crowns are far and away the gold standard. Are you ready to find out more? Call to schedule your tooth replacement consultation with our team today. We’ll examine your smile and walk you through all of your treatment options to help you find the right solution for your unique needs.
Importance of Single Tooth Replacement
If you’ve lost a single tooth, you may be wondering whether or not you actually need to replace the tooth, especially if you can’t see it within your smile. The answer is simple – yes! Even a single missing tooth adversely impacts your oral health. When a lost tooth goes unreplaced, you may experience any number of negative oral health concerns, including:
- Dental drift – teeth shift out of alignment to fill the gap in your smile
- Uneven wear – as additional pressure is placed on surrounding teeth, they wear unevenly, changing the way the bite fits together
- Increased risk for dental damage – uneven wear and excess pressure also leads to added risk for chips and cracks on surrounding teeth
- Bone resorption – without the stimulus from the tooth roots, the supportive bone tissue may diminish, which can lead to the loss of additional teeth over time
Single Tooth Replacement Options
To replace a single tooth, there are two main options. The traditional method is a fixed bridge. These restorations are crafted by fusing a replacement tooth to two dental crowns. Then, the crowns are attached to healthy teeth on either side of the gap in your smile. While this creates an effective restoration, it also requires us to remove healthy tooth structure to support the fixed bridge. That’s why single tooth dental implant restorations are our go-to treatment option. An implant post is used to support a dental crown. These posts replace the lost tooth root, providing necessary stimulus to maintain bone density and support healthy gum tissue volume. Once in position, the implant supported dental crown is fully self-supporting, and they look and feel just like your healthy smile.
Benefits of Implant Supported Single tooth Replacement
If you’re still on the fence about whether or not single tooth implant restoration is the right option for you, we encourage you to call our office to schedule a tooth replacement consultation. During your appointment, we’ll review your treatment options and help you make the right choice. In the meantime, take a few minutes to review the following benefits that make implant supported dental crowns the gold standard in dental restoration:
- An implant supported tooth replacement plan will protect the health of all surrounding teeth and oral structures, so you can fully repair your smile.
- Replacing both the roots and crowns of missing teeth, dental implants offer the most natural looking and functioning restoration option.
- Unlike fixed bridges that need to be replaced every five to ten years, an implant supported crown will last 30 years or longer with proper care.